Delete vs Take a Break the unit in on Facebook Dating App – This article is a guide to deleting or pausing your Facebook Dating profile. If you want to permanently remove it, you will lose conversations and matches.
However, if you just want to take a break, you can pause it without losing anything.
How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile
If you delete your Facebook Dating profile, you will lose all the information you have filled out, the likes you have received, your matches, and the conversations you have had with other users.
Once you delete Facebook Dating, none of the information or settings will come back if you decide to reactivate it in the future to create a new profile.
- Tap the button with three lines at the top right if you are using an Android device, or at the bottom right if you are using an iOS device.
- Keep moving the webpage until you find the option for Dating. Click on Dating. If you can’t find it, click on the See more option to see additional options.
- Click on the icon that looks like a gear or settings at the top right.
- Choose the General tab.
- Keep scrolling until you reach the Account section, then click on Delete Profile.
- If you don’t want to lose your matches and start from the beginning when you come back to Facebook Dating, you can choose to “take a break” on this screen instead. You can find more information about that in the next section below.
- Pick a motive for why you are going away, and then click on Next. If you don’t want to answer, click on “Skip” at the top.
- The message says that if you delete your account, you won’t be able to create a new dating profile for 7 days. If you are certain, click the Delete button.
If you’re having problems with Facebook Dating, find out what to do if it’s not working properly.
This article shares solutions that you can try instead of completely removing your entire profile.
How To ‘Take a Break’ on Facebook Dating App
You can stop meeting new people on Facebook Dating by taking a break. By doing this, you can hide your profile from new people who use the app.
However, you can still talk to people who have already shown interest in you, and you can reactivate your profile whenever you want.
Do the following steps:
- go to the menu then click on Dating, then choose settings and finally click on General.
- Keep moving to the part of your screen that says “Account”. Find the button next to “Take a Break” and click on it.
- Click on “Continue” to temporarily stop or pause your account.
- To start using your account again, go back to the menu on the Dating page in the Facebook app and choose to start matching again.
Facebook Dating Profile: Delete vs Take a Break
Which choice is better – delete your profile or take a break. The answer depends on what you want to occur.
If you want to completely stop using your account, you should delete your profile. This could be because you’ve found someone or because you’d rather spend your time on other dating apps.
Closing your profile is like you never created an account in the first place. It cuts off your connections with people you matched with, so you can’t reach them through your Dating profile, and all the conversations you had will be removed from your account.
Instead, the “take a break” choice is excellent if you simply want to rest. Your chats and connections will stay, and you can continue sending messages to people you have already connected with.
The only thing you can’t do is look at or be looked at by other Facebook Dating users until you turn on your profile again.
The Effect of Deleting Your Facebook Dating Profile
If you delete your Dating profile, everything you’ve answered, liked, matched with, and talked about will be gone.
It will not remove things from your normal Facebook profile. This is because a Facebook Dating profile is not the same as other profiles. This means you can erase it completely without changing anything on your usual profile.
The pictures you posted on Facebook will not be changed, and neither will other things like messages on Messenger and your friends, because they are not connected to Facebook Dating.
However, if you delete your Facebook account, your Dating profile will also be deleted because Dating is connected to your Facebook account.