The University of Manchester is regarded as one of the top universities in the United Kingdom, with admissions to almost 40,000 international students for the current academic year. The university, one of the top academic universities in the world, is home to 450 groups and clubs covering a wide range of interests, including sports, drama, literature, etc.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2021, this university is among the top 30 universities worldwide. It’s difficult to get accepted into a school with such a stellar reputation. Here is a helpful blog post on the University of Manchester acceptance rate for everyone who wants to be admitted to this university.
Examine the University of Machester Acceptance Rate
Let’s now examine the acceptance rate at the University of Manchester. The application deadline for the university is still rolling, and there is a little $25 application fee.
Due to the university’s strict selection criteria, the acceptance rate at the University of Manchester is 56.1%. However, even this admission rate is respectable given that it is a goal that overseas students can actually reach.
Now that you are aware of Manchester University’s general acceptance rate, let’s look in more detail at the acceptance rates of the specific schools at the university as well as the well-known programs it offers.
Master’s Program Acceptance Rate at the University of Manchester
According to figures for 2018–19, the acceptance rate for master’s programs (taught) at the University of Manchester is approximately 35%. Numerous postgraduate programs are available through the university, including a full-time MBA, an MSc in Biochemistry, an MClin Res in Clinical Research, and an MSc in Finance, among others.
The MSc in Finance and Business Economics acceptance rate at the University of Manchester
The MSc in Finance and Business Economics is one of the institution’s most well-liked master’s programs, and it faces fierce competition each year. Since only 10% of applications are accepted, you must concentrate on creating a careful application.
Acceptance Rate For MBBS, BDS, and Other Medical Courses at the University of Manchester
The acceptance rate for MBBS, BDS, nursing, and other medical science courses at the University of Manchester is 12.3%. A degree from the University of Michigan in the prestigious field of medicine can advance your career. At the university, there are courses for MBBS, BDS, and other professions.
You are ready to overcome the 12.3% acceptance rate with an excellent application and strong results on the entrance exams. You can apply for provisional registration with the General Medical Council once you receive your degree from the institution.
Acceptance Rate For Ph.D. Programs At the University Of Manchester
53% of applicants for PhDs are accepted by the University of Manchester. The institution aims to accommodate an increasing number of students, thus the official authorities have maintained straightforward eligibility requirements for Ph.D. courses. This university needs to get its act together if they want to improve the acceptance rate among the many applicants who want to pursue a doctoral degree.
Acceptance Rate For Pharm D Program At the University Of Manchester
Under the term Pharm D, the university grants a renowned doctorate in pharmacy. The acceptance rate for this Pharma D program at the University of Manchester is 28%. The candidates must stand out from the sea of applicants because there is a very low acceptance rate.
Aspirants are required to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and a C grade in their previous programs. Additionally, the candidates’ supplemental application must be accompanied by 3 LORs.
Eligibility & Admission Requirements for the University of Manchester
Let’s first gain an understanding of the university’s two distinct admissions processes for bachelor’s degree programs and master’s degree programs before moving on to the acceptance rate at the University of Manchester.
Baccalaureate Degree programs
In the United Kingdom, a bachelor’s degree takes three to four years to complete. You don’t need to study any general subjects before going on to the ones related to your area of specialization. It’s important to keep in mind that UCAS is the sole way to apply to this university for an undergraduate degree. As a result, it should be taken into account when calculating the University of Manchester acceptance rate.
You can apply to a maximum of five UK universities through UCAS, the centralized portal for admission. You must include the results of every test you have already taken before submitting your UCAS application.
You must also record your expected result on the exams that are due during your senior year of high school. If you are applying directly from high school, your senior secondary grades are required.
In addition to understanding the acceptance rate at the University of Manchester, it is crucial to be aware of the entry requirements for each program, which are often dependent on the applicant’s place of origin. The standard prerequisites for undergraduate programs at the University of Manchester are as follows for Indian applicants:
- Those opting for A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB), can send their application for ‘direct entry into the undergraduate degree’s first year. Additionally, applications for programs in dentistry or medicine are only considered if they include A-levels or the International Baccalaureate.
- A good score in English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Those who have completed XII standard, i.e. Higher Secondary School certificate, are completely eligible to apply for undergraduate programs given that they have at least 80% minimum as their overall percentage.
- Also, certain degree courses especially those in Management require candidates to have a minimum of 85% in a minimum of two subjects.
- Those applicants who got an overall of 70% or higher (with at least 75% in Physics and Mathematics and 65% in English) in XII standard will be eligible for the UoM’s Science and Engineering with an Integrate foundation year program.
- For UoM’s Biosciences with a foundation year program, the completion of the Higher School Secondary certificate is the main eligibility criterion and the applications are generally considered on a case-to-case basis.
- If a student has completed XII standard with an overall of 65% or more from any exam boards that are not recognized to get direct entry into the UoM but are mainly considered for the varied foundation programs in Social Sciences, Law, Management, Psychology, Pharmacy, Biosciences, Humanities, Science and Engineering, which are run in collaboration with INTO Manchester.
Research and Master’s Courses
When applying to postgraduate programs at the University of Manchester, the course composition of your undergraduate degree will be scrutinized. Some courses call for written assignments that demonstrate how the information from your undergraduate degree was applied, as well as work experience.
Additionally, you can demonstrate your expertise in a subject that is a requirement for the course you are currently applying for.
In the United Kingdom, master’s degrees can run up to two years, while Ph.D. and research programs can continue longer. Depending on the degree and branch, there are numerous specializations for which one is eligible. However, according to the University of Manchester’s acceptance rate, the typical entry criteria for a Master’s degree and research courses are as follows:
- The student must have completed at least a three-year degree and achieved first class from a recognized institution to be eligible for postgraduate studies though there are additional requisites for those wanting to do an MBA.
- For MBA, a minimum of three years of work experience after the completion of graduation is the essential criterion.
- For Ph.D. programs, students must have obtained a three-year degree with first-class as well as a master’s from a reputable institution, and a research proposal is also required.
Which GPA is required to enroll at the University of manchester?
The typical GPA at Manchester University is 3.41. You need to be in the middle of your high school class and have a 3.41 GPA to be admitted to Manchester University. A mixture of As and Bs is required, with a few Cs thrown in for good measure. Taking harder classes, such as AP or IB subjects, can help you make up for a low GPA.
How can I apply to the University of Manchester?
The University of Manchester undergraduate application should be submitted through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- Utilize the university’s course search to select a course you want to enroll in and check the prerequisites.
- Create an account on the UCAS website.
- Enter your personal and academic information into the form after logging in to the website.
- Upload the program’s necessary supporting documentation.
- The application must be paid for before being submitted.